kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

sounds like severe MBD to me ... (MORE)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by veronicag on May 08, 2003 at 15:07:17:

In Reply to: another pic posted by SoCalSerenity on May 08, 2003 at 13:38:36:

Have you taken her to the vet yet. She's NOT overweight at all! If she can't walk she's got major problems. It sounds like she was having a seizure last night and will die if not treated ASAP! The vet can administer a shot of calcium! But you have to do it today or I fear that you will lose your little baby like I did. My Egor passed away from MBD because I didn't know what it was or how to treat it. He was a big guy but still looked healthy but had problems moving around. He had a seizure one day and died later on from kidney failure. What happens with MBD is that the beardie's body is so severely low in calcium that the body starts to take calcium from the BONES! Then the organs can't perform properly because of the lack of calcium in the blood. You can mix some calcium powder with gatorade and give it to her orally. But not too much, you can overdose. I would just get her to the vet. Good luck. I have a lot of experience with this and would be happy to answer any questions you may have SoCalSerenity. Just trying to help. I rescue beardies and try my best to help others in need.

God bless,
Veronica

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]