kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Convinced that my first clutch is a dud...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by Tracey on May 08, 2003 at 09:10:23:

In Reply to: Convinced that my first clutch is a dud... posted by dragonsbynature on May 07, 2003 at 23:17:45:

:Try candeling the eggs to see if anything is inside. Hold up a flashlight to one end of the egg and look for blood vessels and a dark blotch. By that late state of development you should be able to see parts of the dragon in their. I'd be real careful about actually misting the eggs - you really don't want to be doing that.. and you REALLY don't want to be dropping down the temps that far when you mist the incubator. if they are starting to cave in, it could be a sign they are gonna hatch soon. when the dragon pierces the egg for the first time the egg "collapses". could also be low humidity.. g'luck.

:dBn

:

::Well, it's been about 3 months since the first clutch was laid by Mindy, and while most of the eggs are still quite large and look healthy, a few are caving in and look to be irreparable. I have tried to keep the temperature around 84 degrees, with the highest extreme at 84.6 and the lowest around 76 when the eggs are misted. I can only hope that the other eggs are fertile and will bring babies.

::I am leaving the first clutch to incubate a few weeks longer, in case my estimation of the time passed is a bit off. OMG... i need to stop playing everquest... I'm starting to sound like my characters. Or maybe its these damn Salvatore books i've been reading. =)
::

:
:
I remember you posting when they were laid....I think its only been about 8 weeks.....I have a female who's eggs don't hatch until at least the 80th day....you might go in the archive and look for your post about your first clutch....lol....patience....they are probably fine...if a few are starting to deflate and the moisture in your incubator is fine....hatching may begin shortly

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]