kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

well, he is doing something right...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by -ryan- on May 05, 2003 at 21:32:38:

In Reply to: It is that bad posted by griffinej5 on May 05, 2003 at 21:16:20:

He does tell the customer what they need and make sure they get it. He just kind of doesn't have the space for the animals, and he screwed up on the UV bulbs, which surprised me since his animals that actually had UV appeared healthy, and so did the ones that are supposed to have it and didn't (he uses miner-all, but I wouldn't trust myself with just the dust). When I bought Sidney (yes I did buy from him), he sold me the 40 gallon breeder tank with an ESU UV light, a 150 watt basking lamp with a dimmer switch, nice clamp lamp, and a lamp stand (actually quite useful), some free wood accessories, some calcium sand (I'm still trying to convince him it's not good stuff), and some food stuff (miner-all, the kind with the yellow top, and some cricket foods and waters, and some crickets for free). plus other stuff.

He also made me completely read "The Bearded Dragon Manual" before I bought the lizard. So obviously he is trying to give them the best homes.

later

:The cages with all the animals which have different requirements is that bad. He could set up one tank for each type of animal. If the beardies are in a deli cup, they aren't being contaminated by any other animals. It shocks me that all of those animals aren't chewing on each other. At a herp show, in 1-4 days, the animal is returned to it's proper conditions. Animals in these bad pet stores may never be returned to the right conditions because these pet stores aren't telling the purchaser how to take care of the animal properly.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]