kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

I am considering changing Sidney's home (help everyone)....

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]

Posted by -ryan- on May 02, 2003 at 17:28:50:

So, Sidney is about a year old, and he's only about 16 inches long, but I think that might be because he has had coccidia (could this be it?). So, right now he is just in a 40 gallon breeder sized tank (36"x18"x18"). So I was thinking about building him a tank that was 4'x2'x2' out of melamine and glass (still don't know if it will be sliding glass doors, or something else). I was just wondering if there was anyway to make it look nice on the inside (like decorations) and still be able to keep the green indoor/outdoor carpetting (for safety reasons), but what can I do to kind of make it look a little more natural? Are there any kinds of plants I could put in in a shallow pot on the cold side? Something that wouldn't need to be watered everday, and that Sidney wouldn't ruin right away. Or should I just put some more branches in and stuff? I was thinking about taking some wood, and buiding like a little shanty or maybe a little playhouse (with multiple stories) or something like that. Also, are there any nice, big, flat rocks I can get? I have a bunch of medium sized (about 6") rocks in his tank now, but they don't have flat bottoms, so I can't get them to stop from moving around when he walks on them.

Basically, I am looking for ways to make his new home (which will be built probably in the middle or end of summer) or even just his current home look a little better and stuff. If you have any ideas, tell me.

Also, what ways are there to do the glass fronts? I know you can do sliding glass, but is there a way to attach the glass directly to the front and then just put a door on the top. Like maybe use an adhesive or something? Or maybe I could work it out so the glass slides down in while I'm building it, but it wouldn't slide up and down all of the time.

I'm still thinking of ideas.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Bearded Dragon Forum ]