kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Fair & Competative Prices...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]

Posted by JohnZ on May 12, 2003 at 23:47:28:

In Reply to: True... but posted by Krystal19_85 on May 12, 2003 at 13:23:44:

"I will be selling everything for fair and competive prices, my only concern is that people will think I am ripping them off because my prices will be low."

Think about it, if your prices are afir, most of the time its not competative, it they are competative, they are most likely not fair. Also, whats fair to you might not be fair to someone else.

A 2003 Mercedes 500SL selling for $110,000 might be fair to a business exec. but might be like "Who the hell would pay THAT for a car" to you.

You might want to take a business coarse or 2 before trying to run a business you still do not have. What works today might be way off base tomorrow.

I am new to Ball Pythons and i got 13 so far with 3 coming. I do plan on breeding and trying to make a few dollars, but i am not telling the world i can beat others prices. You already got a strike against you and you don't even have the door open yet.

You have no idea what the market will be like in 2 years, heck, msot don't even know what the market will be like in 2 months. Its a lot to do with taking risk and guessing well. Also, you have no idea of cost for stock, food for the Balls, your time, electricity(heating), supplies(racks, bowls, etc...).

Starting a good business is not about beating the next guy or venting, its about doing what your doing because you love doing it and it puts food on the table.

Like the saying goes, "Build it and they will come". Well, business is like that. Build it(1st) and they will come(if your good at what you do). Money always follows quality and service...

Just my 5 1/2 cents. Thanks... JAZ

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]