kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Two sides to every story!!..YES...BUT PLEASE READ

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]

Posted by John Q on May 12, 2003 at 21:56:35:

In Reply to: Two sides to every story!!..YES...BUT PLEASE READ posted by PythonMikey420 on May 12, 2003 at 20:40:03:

I agree with you in principle. I responded in the way I did because I was attacked via email for posting a nice looking ball in a very honest way, nothing misleading, no fraudulent comments, etc. I've worked too hard and long in this hobby building a reputation as one of the Good Guys to let someone accuse me of hurting the hobby. Not accusing you but it was a regular that post in this forum.
As far as the big breeders, the pros, I own stock from Rich Ihle, Dan & Colette Sutherland, Jon Roylance and other well known breeders. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. Unfortunately, a big name, big reputation, nice website, and a regular at the big shows do not guarantee that the individual is honest and will stand behind his guarantee. Twice I have been ripped off by the so called professional breeders with great reputation that included standing behind their guarantee.
I lost $$$ and time in projects that failed. It's pretty hard to breed all males and when I did get pairs from one individual, the het female was sterile.

:Dont get me wrong...I am NOT ATTACKING the Peter Kahls, Erik Sandovals and other high end Breeders....its these small time importers that are making a bad name for this Industry. It makes me sick when I go to the Classifieds here on Kingsnake.com and see a guy trying to sell a "Ringer" for $750...GIVE ME A BREAK!...Im not Attacking the Albinos,Piebalds,SPider...or any of these high end morphs. Im talking about when I see someone trying to sell a snake for $200-$1000 for a "Ringer","Bullseye","High Yellow","High Gold"..this is what makes me so *uckin' mad. These guys are ruining this hobby for US...the customers. I wanna hear from these guys and see what they think about trying to make a quick buck off the customers...and I wanna hear from the High end breeders like peter Kahl....Something has to be done before this hobby is ruined for us all...THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]