kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Once Tame BP Now Aggressive

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]

Posted by fredhammes on May 05, 2003 at 19:17:38:

In Reply to: Once Tame BP Now Aggressive posted by RedCoolAid on May 05, 2003 at 15:22:06:

I had a clutch of babies who got like this. They became quite ill (and ultimately three of them did die) But I'm pretty sure that they were so agressive because they were in incredible pain. They got so that they'd even turn on each other and attack. The remaining few are healthy today, but because of the tubing, injections, force-feeding etc. that they went through as kids, they are not too fond of me.
I would certainly hope that this is not the case for your BP, but a vet check to rule out any underlying health issues might not be a bad idea.
On the other hand, maybe she's just pissy. I believe that we're all entitled to a bad mood sometimes. I would suggest giving her her space, and let her be for a while. Please supervise your child with her anyway. There is a good chance he'll get tagged eventually, and he should know this. It's really not all that bad once it happens.
Being a child's pet, she may not like to be handled, because, qutie frankly, kids are not always as gentle and compassoinatr as they should be, and rough handling will certainly turn anybody off to being held, eventually. Be sure that the child is taught respect for the snake, and, hopefully, it's just a phase, which will pass.

Good luck!
GratefulFred

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]