kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Tinley Reflections: An open letter from Mom . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

BP definitely in pre-shed now!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]

Posted by bloodycats on May 01, 2003 at 22:27:01:

In Reply to: BP definitely in pre-shed now! posted by MightyPython on May 01, 2003 at 19:58:02:

I would avoid handling the snake until it sheds. They can be cranky and easily stressed while in shed. It is nicer to your snake to just let him be. What you can do for him is monitor the huidity levels and mist his cage a couple times daily if necessary.
If you don't think that his colors are dull now, wait until after the shed. I swear my snakes-- balls and corns-- all look like brand new creatures after a shed. You don't notice them slowly getting more dull, but when a shiny bright snake crawls out of that skin- wow!

:My ball python's eyes have clouded up so I guess the pre-shed cycle has begun. The color on his body doesn't seem faded yet but I guess that's to come right? Anyway, at this point should I avoid handling him or can I still handle him up until a day or so before the actual shed. I know that about 24 hours before the shed the eyes clear back up so he's not at that point yet. I've read that actual process can take up to a week so is it safe to say that handling is out of the question from now until the shed? Please let me know with any advice. Thanks!

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Ball Python Forum ]