kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Oz Press: Hero horse saves trainer from crocodile attack 2

[ Rispondi ] [ Spedire la Risposta ] [ HerpForum - Asia/Pacific Rim ]

Inviato da Wes von Papineäu on Ottobre 05, 2000 at 08:08:33:

THE AGE (Melbourne, Australia) 05 October 00 Hero horse saves trainer from crocodile attack
A horse saved its trainer from a crocodile attack by dragging him from a central Queensland river as the five-metre monster snapped at their legs.
Unraced two-year-old Candlelight Dancer bolted with the trainer, Jim Morris, after being bitten on the hind leg by the crocodile.
Mr Morris, a harness racing trainer, said he would have been taken by the croc had the horse not dragged him from the water.
The crocodile, which he estimated to be 'a five-metre beauty', attacked yesterday when Mr Morris took Candlelight Dancer for his daily swim in the Fitzroy River near Rockhampton.
'I had hold of the bridle and we had just entered the water when it happened,' Mr Morris told AAP.
'There was a great splash of water and the horse bolted up the bank, dragging me behind.
'The croc's snout hit me in the legs. If the horse hadn't bolted I think I'd be a goner.'
Mr Morris said Candlelight Dancer had been 'a bit frisky' on the way down the bank.
'He had his ears pricked up as if he knew something was wrong but I didn't take much notice,' Mr Morris said.
He said the horse suffered a gash to the hind leg, which needed veterinary treatment.
Mr Morris said he had four horses in training and took them to the river almost every day as part of their exercise.
'But not any more. From now on the only swimming they will do will be in the bathtub,' he said.

PRESS ASSOCIATION (London, UK) 05 October 00 Horse saves trainer from crocodile
A horse saved its trainer from a crocodile attack by dragging him from a river in central Queensland as the 16ft-long monster snapped at their legs.
The unraced two-year-old Candlelight Dancer bolted with trainer Jim Morris after being bitten on the hind leg by the crocodile which attacked as Morris took the horse for his daily swim in the Fitzroy River near Rockhampton.
Mr Morris said he would have been taken by the crocodile had the horse not dragged him from the water.
"I had hold of the bridle and we had just entered the water when it happened. There was a great splash of water and the horse bolted up the bank, dragging me behind. The croc's snout hit me in the legs. If the horse hadn't bolted I think I'd be a goner," said Morris.
The horse suffered a gash to the hind leg, reports the Sydney Morning Herald.
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_76341.html

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ HerpForum - Asia/Pacific Rim ] [ FAQ ]