kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Wow! Someone finally replied! Thanks (or should I say, "tanks"?)

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Forum Asia ]

Posted by Esther on December 15, 2001 at 21:34:50:

In Reply to: Re: Takydromus sexlineatus (Long tailed grass lizard) posted by RB on December 15, 2001 at 09:22:58:

Yes, I know they are often cited as being great cagemates for green anoles. It's very funny, my female long-tail is much more sociable than my male, who stays up in the silk vine on the wall all the time, except for brief forays walking around. The female walks around much more and likes to bask on a brick under the light. The male green anole is also much more sociable and spends lots of time either walking around or on the lower part of the tank, while the female green anole hangs out with the male long-tail in the silk vine on the wall. I mist them a couple times/day. The female long-tail has been seen digging a bit, although the Eremias are the champion constant diggers.

I wish the male long-tail would chill out and party more with the rest of the gang, so I could see him!

Do you find lots of color variations in these lizards? Some seem much more colorful, with thin brick-orange lines down the sides of their back, while others just have light lines down the sides of the their back like my guy. The female, when content, is a pale celery green with brown tinges.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Forum Asia ]