kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Blue tounge lizard problems - URGENT!!!!!

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Forum Asia ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jason Barone on May 14, 2001 at 22:47:12:

Hello :)

I need some urgent advive on a common blue tounge livard i hav recently aquired. it is only young and measures about 15 cm in length. the problem is that it no longer eats the food i provide it, although it does drink, it is also very weak and at seems to be losing weight. i used to feed it on a daily basis with a diet consisting mainly of dog food and some greens, i also released roaches in the enclosure that no longer seem to be there so i assume they are consumed. it has recently shed its skin and for the last two weeks the skin on all for of its feet remain, almost like small gloves. i hav been told that they could cut off blood supply and make the toes or whole foot drop off!!! this is when the lack or appetite statred. i live in sydney Australia and the enclosure is a well ventilated 90 cm tank with a sand base and a few large rocks. there is also a branch of a gum tree and a hollow stump for shelter. there is adequate warmth provided daily for a few hours by way of a 40 w light and the water dish is large and at the opposite end of the light. i also allow the lizard to bask in sunlight for a few hours a day 2-3 days a week and the food i feed it is dipped in a calcium suppliment every second day. this morning the lizard was moving around very frantically as if it was drunk or dis-orientated ie banging into the glass and not walking straight and i fear that it is close to death.

it stubbornly refuses food and i hav also noticed that there is a small sore at the corner of its mouth just next to the ear, it resembles a small crater and although the scales seem intact the skin is a bright purple and there seems to be a foreign object at the center of the crater resembling a few grains of sand.

Please help!!! i need all the advive i can get to keep my lizard going, thankyou for your time!!!

Jason B

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Herp Forum Asia ] [ FAQ ]