kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Humidifier questions...

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]

Posted by mrk442 on May 13, 2003 at 16:32:36:

In Reply to: Humidifier questions... posted by ctdkite on May 12, 2003 at 17:01:10:

It is not all that hard the key is just to run the hose/pip up past the highest tank and then pip it doen from there to all the tanks if this makes no sense just ask i have one sun beam piped into 4 tanks and it works great could even add anouther if i had one close.

Just my 0.02

:Let me see if I understand this. You want to use one humidifier for four tanks? Even if possible, it would be difficult. For one thing, the mist will follow the airflow, which ideally should be up. Too much curve will cause water build-up. So, while it is possible to use a "T" connector with hoses leading to two tanks at the same height, I don't see how you could continue the upward course of the mist to the next tanks. If you somehow had an opening so the hose continued up, no mist would flow to the lower tanks.

:If you figure out a way, let us know.

:Chris D.

:
::Sorry to add yet another post about ultrasonic humidifiers, but after searcing the archives, none of my specific questions have really been answered.

::To begin, I am going to use the standard Sunbeam Ultrasonic Humidifier. Is this unit powerful enough for 1 ten gallon, 1 twenty gallon high, 1 thirty gallon and 1 fifty gallon? Is it possible to have my glass lids cut to have holes large enough for the pvc to pipe the fog in the tank? I am going to be rearranging all of my tanks to be placed on a large rack, like those used for storage in foodservice (NSF). My 50 gallon will remain on its stand nearby. I am neither mechanical nor handy, and I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice in rigging up this system, if possible. My vivariums can be seen at www.frognet.org/gallery/davidknight. Thanks in advance.

:
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]