kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Need a little more advice..........

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]

Posted by mrk442 on May 06, 2003 at 02:16:35:

In Reply to: Need a little more advice.......... posted by Slaytonp on May 05, 2003 at 20:05:26:

I am glad i dont have to house one of those:) although it does look like good eating;)

As for the anoles i would scap the tank bleach everything and start over they just carry to many nasties since they almost all W.C.

Just my .02
Matt
:Do a science project on dart frogs for school and get an A. Other than that, all I can think of that would make many parents happy would be to get a job and your own apartment-- (Just kidding, of course). But you do need to earn some money to buy the frogs yourself and do all of the maintenance if you don't already.

:Do your folks object to having exotic pets in general, or is it just because the dart frogs died? If it is the former, see if you can find books by Gerald M. Durrell (brother of Lawrence Durrell of some literary fame), in the library. They are quite old and may be out of print, but are wonderful reading if you can find them. Some titles come to mind: The Overloaded Ark, My Family and Other Animals, a Zoo in my Luggage, Two in the Bush, Menagerie Manner, The Whispering Land, Encouters with Animals, and others. Your folks might enjoy them and change their minds about your hobby.

:I personally think that everyone should gut their television sets and turn them into vivariums. It would not only be more entertaining; there are no commercials.

:As far as getting rid of the anoles-- I have no clue what to do. I have a Tilapia fish that was given to one of my adopted sons by a girl friend because he wanted a "big mean cychlid," such as a Jack Dempsy or one of the Oscars. This is indeed a cychlid, but is a "food" fish that grows and grows and grows. He is now in an 80 gallon tank and ready for a horse trough. We are all unfortunately fond of him because he has a great personality, so we don't want to make fish filets of him. He is definitely not an aquarium fish and no one wants him. I'd rather have the anole problem.
:
:Good luck with your folks.

:Patty
:

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]