kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Gopher Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Need your wisdom about imitators

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]

Posted by Mark W. on May 05, 2003 at 19:57:44:

In Reply to: Need your wisdom about imitators posted by shopaholic on May 05, 2003 at 00:01:00:

:I searched the archives but I still need some more council on Thumbnails. I just acquired a pair of Tinks and took 5 months to research, learn, and put together their tanks-I wanted to be super secure on info and prepared. I would have liked to reasearch another couple of months or more til I had a prolific amount of info on Imitators, but the Frog day in San Jose is just around the corner, and I just moved heaven and earth to clear my schedule to go. What do you think, Thumbnail owners:

:1. Is it premature to get any imitators with just a month of experience on Tinks?

:2. Are imitators the easiest, hardiest, boldest, prolific enough of the Thumbnails?

:3. Will any of the vendors present at the show likely to have any of them? And has anyone had anyone reputable to recommend? Or is Saurian.com still seemly most recommended?

:4. How many Imitators can be kept together, what is the minimum size requirement(I know for the Tinks 10 Gal/frog)So is it the same or less per imitator frog?

:I am trying to be as responsible as I can, I just hate to miss out on the opportunity of the show plus I think I'll hardly be able to keep myself from getting something at an event that will relagate me to being like a child in a candy store. So, I am asking ahead to prevent something impulsive from happening if it is very unwise or at least gather as much info in the time I have left. Know what I mean? thanks!!

Hi,
I am no expert but I only had my first frogs,Costa Rican auratus,for about4 months before I got my imitators.I had a 1.2 for awhile but it seemed that the females were stomping each others eggs so I traded one of the females off. Theyare great frogs and mine have laid quite a few eggs and I just sent out my first 6 froglets today.I have slowed mine down some by letting them take care of a tad in a brom.It sureis cool watching my male call the female to the brom to lay the infertile eggs for the tad.I have a pair in a 20h vert and they are kinda shy but I don't get to see them in the morning when they seem to be the most active except on the weekends.I had to wait 3 months for mine so good luck finding them unless your lucky.I was on Patrick N.'s waiting list and was evry happy that I did it.Good luck on your hunt for them.
Mark W.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]