kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

How long till the foam cures?..........n/p

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]

Posted by -WiZaRd on May 01, 2003 at 14:51:55:

In Reply to: here's an idea... posted by jmorris on May 01, 2003 at 09:38:08:

:I too have thought of this. I'm thinking about using that expanding insulation foam (comes in aerosol cans at Home Depot/Lowes). This is my plan on how to do it:

:I'd build a sort of box without a top measuring about 1" tall x the width of the cork slab x the length of the slab. Then I'd drill a hole in one end of the "box" to squirt the foam into and a small hole at the other end to allow for any over-fill as the foam expands. then line the inside of the box with something like tin foil (I'm not sure on this part, need to do some testing to find out what this foam sticks to and what wont stick to). then I'd firmly clamp the slab over the open box, and squirt the stuff into the inlet hole until it began seeping out the expansion hole at the other end. let it dry, then unclamp, and you should have a perfectly flat back to your cork now. I figure you'd probably have to seal the foam at this point, and I'm still a little unsure about what to use for sealant. Once it's sealed however, it could be siliconed into the viv with no chance of animals getting behind it!

:Food for thought,
:Jared

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Arrowfrog Forum ]