kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Indigo . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: Misting/spraying

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Anole Forum ]

Posted by archie on April 14, 2003 at 13:40:28:

In Reply to: Misting/spraying posted by jbmac on April 14, 2003 at 12:35:58:

well it is going to depend on your individual tank and how well it keeps humidity. Some people may have to mist the tank 3 or 4 times a day (if they have a full sceen top), while others may be able to spray just twice a day (if they have a partially closed top).

I would think you would try to match nature as best as you could, so for me this would be a good spray right when the lights come on (to try and recreate the morning dew), and a good spray in the afternoon (like 4 or 5) in order to recreate the rain shower which occurs almost every afternoon in florida.

Additional spraying may be necessary to keep the humidity up around 50% for the remainder of the day. The one time I would avoid spraying too often is right before the lights go out. I don't think it is good for a tank to be soaking wet all night long.

Dave

:What time of day is the best time to spray/mist the tank, in the evening, early morning, midday? Or doesn't it matter?

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Anole Forum ]