kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
International Reptile Conservation Foundation  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Can a virus save Frogs from fungal disease? . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Ringneck Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

He also seems to be arching his back...NP

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Anole Forum ]

Posted by spoothed on March 09, 2003 at 00:16:36:

In Reply to: HELP! Sick Anole, Vet said he didn't know what it was! posted by spoothed on March 09, 2003 at 00:01:51:

:My brown anole (only 4g, over a year old but has doubled in size...he was realy tiny) is dragging his hind legs. He is relying on his front two legs to hold onto branches. He has not been eating, and I haven't noticed any new fecal matter. I first noticed that his left rear leg was not being used on Friday morning...It is very possible the problem started the night before, as his light was off by the time I got home. He looks really thin... Took him to the vet and he tried to examine him but (possibly due to fear) he did not respond unusually. He bore weight on that all four legs, and the vet was unable to identify any broken bones. Now, as I am watching him in the cage, it seems that he is dragging both legs now. I noticed that his vent? area looked particularly swollen. Both legs look paler than the rest of his body and are not responding well to his normal color changes. The vet gave him an injection of fluids on Friday, and we also de-wormed him in hopes that it may encourage him to eat. Could I be dealing with some sort of gut impaction? Is he constipated and this is causing restrictive nerve synapse in his legs or poor circulation (he's been known to "jump into" the sides of his enclosure when seeing an insect on the wall)? I am extremely worried as he is so small, there may not be much I can do for him. Sic your experts on this one, guys!!! I have no idea what to do! He still drinks but seems uninterested in food, and he is so skinny!

:Thanks.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Anole Forum ]