kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
click here for Rodent Pro  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Earth Day . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Happy Rattlesnake Friday! . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Bump

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Alligator Lizard Forum ]

Posted by kitties on January 17, 2003 at 02:07:00:

Hi there, I posted a message about my poor little al Lizard having a bump near his backend. WEll I took him to see our vet. She ended up pusing on it and it was his hemi-pen sacks that were filled and they needed to be expressed. It was the most amazing sight! I didn't know this can happen with lizards. My little guy was so impacted in his right side it was bleeding and it was so large what came out my husband and I were in awwwww. His left side wasn't bad. He seems better now. My vet said that she has actually seen in other reps it gets so impacted that it actually kills the hemi-pen off and it falls off. No real harm done if they aren't copulating.
I've been soking him in warm water. He's so darn cute. The warm water will do him some good. I just thought I'd let you know so you can keep your eye on your little al lizards.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The Alligator Lizard Forum ]