return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: Horned Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Fence Lizard . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 26, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - May 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - May 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Exotic Pets Expo - Manasas - May 05, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - May 07, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - May 12, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - May 18, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - May 19, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - May 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Bay Area Herpetological Society Meeting - May 24, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Re: who do I need to contact for scientific permit in Namibia

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ HerpForum - Africa ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gerben on May 23, 2000 at 06:58:40:

: I need to find out who I need to contact for applying for a scientific permit for collecting animals in Namibia for a comparitive lab study on husbandry and breeding behavior. all help is appreciated. Please contact me offlist thanks michael

Micheal,

You must contact the WILDLIFE DEPARTMENT in NAMIBIA. Try to get one of the higher ranked officers.
What you need to do is make a list of animals you are probably gonna catch and export.

So make a list of CITES II animals your want to take back
make a list of CITES I animals you want to take back (try to be very accurate!!)
make a list of NON-CITES animals yu want to take back

You need to give your personal ID (Passport & Social No. + Signed papers of your Institute)
They will probably also ask for the passports (Copies) of the catchers and handlers and the rest of your team.

If this is done, you probably will have a collecting license after this. DO NOT TRY TO BUY THEM OFF (you can end up in JAIL)
It also depend on the quantities you want to collect and for what specific reason. ALL THE ANIMALS ARE FOR SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH
THIS MEANS YOU CAN NOT SELL THEM TO A THIRT PARTY (even with CITES II animals)

Arrange this PRIOR TO YOUR JOURNEY TO NAMIBIA because this kind of paperwork takes very long and you must have patience.
Also have a contact back home if you have recieved the papers / documents in Namibia. They have to be send back to arrange
the import LICENSES and CITES I / CITES II and NON-CITES documents. Namibia is CLOSED for COMMERCIAL TRADE so it must be for SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH!!

I hope I helped you in some way!

I wish you good luck,

Gerben

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL: