return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn
Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research  
click here for Rodent Pro
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Stories wanted

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ HerpForum - Africa ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Ken Haas on December 10, 1999 at 15:16:40:

I would like to start off by saying that in no way am I going to publish or even consider publishing any stories that will have a negative impact on reptiles. This publication will be geared towards the enjoyment of reptile enthusiast and not the general public.
I need short stories pertaining to reptiles such as field collecting, reptile encounters, does and don’ts, learning experiences, etc. All stories will be reviewed and considered. Writers of the stories that will be used will be notified (by mail or e-mail). Again all stories will be read and considered so don’t hesitate to send them (size of the stories should not exceed one and a half pages.
If you have any questions or would like to send a story you can contact me at the addresses or numbers below. All stories must be fact and confidentiality depends upon the request of the writer. I will need a signed letter along with the story waving all rights and allowing me to publish the story (pictures are also excepted). There will be different categories so please specify at the top of the story (python, iguana, venomous snakes and so on). Stories should be exciting, informative or have some relevance to reptiles in general.
I have collected, breed and educated the public on reptiles for over twenty years. My main goal in life has been to reach out and convince the general public that reptiles are not the evil creatures that most people believe. I continue by educating them on the values and advantages of keeping these dedicated mousers and delicate animals around for future generations.
A percentage of the proceeds from this publication will go to a charity involved with nature (save the rainforest etc.).

I still need photos of pit vipers from North America for another publication that is almost finished. I will either purchase the pictures or other arrangements will be made between the photographer and myself at the time of exchange.

Thank you in advance,
Ken Haas
Jungletrail@uswest.net
Jungletrail69@hotmail.com
1106 W. Bell Rd. Apt. 1220
Phoenix, Az. 85023
Home # (602)548-6933
Cell # (602)410-0130

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail: