kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

Click here for LLL Reptile & Supply
Mice, Rats, Rabbits, Chicks, Quail
Available Now at RodentPro.com!
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

Monkey tail Skink - CITES questions.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The CITES Forum ]

Posted by icequeen on April 21, 2003 at 23:14:34:

Can someone please explain to me the difference between schedule one and schedule two.

I have a prehensile tailed skink...that I rescued from a pet shop.
They claimed she is wild caught. I continued to go into the pet shop for about three weeks before I could stand it no longer and had to bring her home.
She has gone through some bad sheds, and has lost many toes...she only has 2.5 left on both front feet combined.

Anyway...over the three weeks that I was going in and checking on her...the shop's story changed. NOW she's all of sudden been brought in by a previous owner, who supposedly kept her on carpet fibre, and that's why her toes have come off.

Frankly, I don't believe a word they tell me...I can SEE the bands of skin still on her toes!
And I wonder if they know that there are some restrictions on how they acquire these animals.

I live in Canada...I'm wondering what it would take to get her across the border into the U.S when I don't know the TRUE origins of the skink.

Thanks...

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The CITES Forum ]