kingsnake.com - reptile and amphibian classifieds, breeders, forums, photos, videos and more

return to main index

mobile - desktop
follow us on facebook follow us on twitter follow us on YouTube link to us on LinkedIn

click here for Rodent Pro
This Space Available
3 months for $50.00
Locate a business by name: click to list your business
search the classifieds. buy an account
events by zip code list an event
Search the forums             Search in:
News & Events: Herp Photo of the Day: False Coral Snake . . . . . . . . . .  Herp Photo of the Day: Bearded Dragon . . . . . . . . . .  Greater Cincinnati Herp Society Meeting - Apr 02, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Calusa Herp Society Meeting - Apr 04, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Southwestern Herp Society Meeting - Apr 06, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Hamburg Reptile Show - Apr. 13, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  St. Louis Herpetological Society - Apr 14, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  San Diego Herp Society Meeting - Apr 16, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Suncoast Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  DFW Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Colorado Herp Society Meeting - Apr 20, 2024 . . . . . . . . . .  Chicago Herpetological Society Meeting - Apr 21, 2024 . . . . . . . . . . 

correction

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The CITES Forum ]

Posted by rkreptiles on February 24, 2003 at 15:59:28:

In Reply to: Re: Best Way To Do This posted by Roy Stockwell on February 23, 2003 at 16:42:31:

Roy,

You stated that he should contact his State Fish & Wildlife office to apply for C.I.T.E.S., he needs to contact USF&W and not his state wildlife office they have nothing to do with it. Also the USF&W inspection fees are $55-$115. The $55 is the normal regular Buisness hours inspection fee, and the $115 is the overtime inspection fee.

:Your fist step is to apply for a US CITES appendix 2 export permit. Contact you state fish & wildlife office
:and ask for an application. It will take 6 to 12 weeks to get the export permit.
:Now either you or the Canadian will need a USF&W import/export license.
:An inspection is required for all animals entering or leaving the US. If the Canadian is planning on crossing the border with any herps
:then he will be the best person to get the license, as he'll need two inspecions. One coming in , and one going out with your animal and your CITES export permit.
: Now the other option is for you to get the CITES and the license and fly everything. You would then have to arrange inspection for both the outgoing and incoming animal.
:When you apply for the export CITES, the import export license should be applied for about the same time.
:They also take several weeks to get.
:The CITES will cost you $25. The import/export license is $5o per year, and the inspection will be in the 55 to 90 range.

:

:

::I've never exported a snake out of the US before and need some advice please. The situation is I have a hypo Colombian boa a Canadian citizen is interested in and I am intetested in an albino boa this person has. The other party is willing to drive to the US to bring his animal here and return with my hypo back to Canada. What paperwork is needed and how long would you expect it to take to obtain the proper permits? Also would it be easier for me to drive to Canada and do the reverse. I deliver the hypo to him and return with the albino or doesn't it matter? If it were summer I'd just let the animals crawl across the border lol.

Follow Ups:

[ Follow Ups ] [ The CITES Forum ]